Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Raleigh Chain Ring: Cleaning

I got a little work in this evening on the Raleigh Sports project. I managed clean off the old grease on the chain ring and do a little polishing.  There are some scratches, but nothing too bad.












Raleigh chrome, like its black paint, was outstanding. It tends to be quite durable and shine up nicely. This particular chain ring is a 48 tooth. It will be paired with a 24 tooth cog. I'm a fan of the 2:1 ratio. My other Sports is a 46 with a 22, so not quite 2:1, but pretty close.



Believe it or not, I still don't have a bicycle work stand. For this particular job, a decent step ladder with a fold-out work tray will stand in. The tray is plastic so will not damage the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.