Monday, February 6, 2023

Pre-WWII Lobdell Rims Built into Wheels

 A couple of days ago, I took a few pictures of a decent set of pre-WWII Lobdell rims. Here is the constructed wheelset: Sturmey Archer AW 3-speed rear hub, Schwinn hourglass front hub, Torrington double-butted spokes, DT Swiss 14mm spoke nipples.

That's two wheelsets built over the past three weeks. I still have more wheels to build. I have a set of 1950s S-6 Schwinn rims to build into a three speed wheelset, and I have to re-build a set of 1940s Schwinn Stainless S6 rims into a wheelset (spokes rusted on that second set). 

After that, I have to turn my attention to some Raleigh wheels to build. I've got a set of matte-center 1950s Westrick rims to build with, as well as a 1940s set of Dunlop Special Lightweight rims to build into wheels.

Lots to be done still...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.