Friday, September 24, 2021

Another Rain Storm, Another Flood

 Some of the local roads are underwater after this last storm. One of the low-lying roads on my usual route was so far underwater that it would have inundated my wheels. Cars were up to their axles in water, and a Jeeps were splashing water in all directions. 

 

But I carried on and finished the rest of my ride route. The local waterways are all way, way up, and swamps are partially overflowing onto roads and walking paths. The local nature trails are partially closed, though the roads remain open and people ford through the water.  We've had one of the wettest and greyest summers I can recall.

 

I'm enjoying the 1950 Schwinn Superior 3-speed I rebuilt over the summer. We're losing daylight pretty quickly now, so every nice afternoon ride this time of year is a bonus.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.