Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Nice Evening, a Little About Car Carriers

The weather finally shaped up here a bit this evening. The humidity went down, the temperature moderated a bit, and the sun stayed out. I got in a nice ride on my 1960s Schwinn Racer. 

 


I've come to like these wheel-and-hook type car carriers for bikes. I moved to this one from my previous Thule, which was the frame-hanger type. This one seems to put a little less stress on the bike paint, and keeps the bike reasonably steady. I moved several heavy bikes up to New England from Virginia in several trips, and it has served pretty well. These wheel-and-hook carriers tend to cost a little more than the hanger types, but I think they're worth it if you're doing a lot of bike moving. You can get mounting and dismounting down to a science with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.