Thursday, May 18, 2017

Raleigh Grand Prix and MKS Sylvan Touring Pedals


I decided to swap out the old Raleigh quill pedals in favor of a new set of MKS Sylvan Touring Pedals. The quill pedals were a bit small for use with regular sneakers, but the MKS Sylvan Touring are great.



I was impressed with the quality of these pedals. They run smoothly, are lightweight, and cost under $30 on Amazon. They have a 1970s-style look, but with the smoothness of new parts and new bearings. I think these are winners.


Overall, this Raleigh has turned out reasonably well. The Carlton frame has some nice elements: cutaway lugs; wrap-around stays; and a good fit for me.








 When you build a bike, I think it's important to use good-quality parts, especially new stuff. The Velo Orange fenders look nice and are of good quality. They're not all loose and rattly like cheap fenders.





 The Weinmann center-pull brakes are nothing exotic, but they're solid and work well. The Raleigh headbadge is also always a nice touch.






By the end of my ride tonight, a thunderstorm was gathering, so I headed home.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.