Friday, October 9, 2026

Fall Colors, Late-Season Rides

 


We're down to the last few weeks of riding season here. The trees are turning colors and the days are getting shorter. 

 


 There's not much new to report on the bike front this week: just some more time on the 1964 Schwinn Traveler and 1949 Schwinn New World. 

1949 Schwinn New World

I find that I spend less time fixing bikes and more time riding them when the season gets to this point. 

 


The focus is on keeping bikes on the road, finishing the season with as many rides as I can squeeze in, then closing things down when the cold weather arrives. I have the cold winter months to work on bikes and ride time is precious this late in the season. 

1964 Schwinn Traveler

 

My suggestion is to keep riding while you can. It's good exercise and soon the cold weather and short days will be upon us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.