Friday, October 18, 2024

Into the Second Half of October...

 It's hard to believe we're already into the second half of October. The riding season sure has gone by fast... The riding season here, at least for me, ends in early November usually. Once we go back to Standard Time, there's not enough daylight in the evenings to ride during the week. I'm confined at that point to occasional weekend rides, and that assumes the weather stays warm. Some years we have snow on the ground by the middle of November... (hopefully not though). 

I took my 1957 Schwinn Traveler for a ride last night. It's a nice contrast to the Raleigh DL-1 I recently rebuilt. The Schwinn, heavy though it is, is sporty compared to the DL-1. There's a lot to like about both bikes though. Anyway, I hope there's at least a couple more weeks of riding here for me. We shall see...

This time of year, it is important to dress in layers and have working lights on both the front and back of the bike. I use retro-style LED lights for an extra measure of safety and visibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.