Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Acorn Brown Small Saddle Bag Review and 1953 Raleigh Lenton

 I recently purchased a brown Acorn Small Saddle Bag because I thought a change of color on at least one of my bikes would be nice. I figured with brown saddle and with green and white paint, the brown bag would go nicely on my 1953 Raleigh Lenton.

I think it looks pretty nice. 

 

I reviewed the black Small Saddle Bag awhile ago (HERE). I love these little, versatile bags.

The size is small enough to be compact, but large enough to hold your phone, keys, wallet, basic tools, and a snack. These bags are plenty for a couple hours, or even a half-day, of riding. 

The Small Saddle Bag is very nicely constructed of canvas and leather. It has a zipper to seal up, and a top flap to go over the zipper. It's kind of like a small version of the Carradice Zipper Roll, another bag I love. These bags are lightly waxed to give a little water resistance. A nice feature often missed on bags is present on this one: the front is tapered to prevent the bag from banging against the backs of your legs as you ride. The leather straps are heavy-duty and go nicely in the loops of a Brooks, Gyes, Wright's, Cardiff, or Velo Orange saddle.


I give this brown Small Saddle Bag a thumbs-up, just as I did for the black one. The brown goes nicely with this bike, and I think this one is a keeper.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.