Saturday, November 5, 2022

End of Season Rides - 1968 Raleigh Sports Three Speed

Back during the summer, a neighbor very kindly gave me a vintage Raleigh Sports that he had owned since new in 1968. Over the course of the summer and fall, I disassembled, cleaned, and returned the bike to riding shape. 

 

The results are pretty good - a well-made Raleigh Sports returned to the road, just in time for the last couple rides of the season. The clocks roll back one hour this weekend, and the daylight is getting shorter each day. But I was able to get this bike onto the road for the end of the season.

 

Over the course of this fall and winter, I plan to do a retro LED light set up on the bike, as I have done on many others in the past. I'll be using a Kiley LED retro headlight, and an an LED tail light that looks like it belongs on this bike. For now, it has temporary lights to finish this season.

It's nice returning old bikes to the road, and it's especially nice getting a bike that someone has held onto for many years, and then bringing it back to riding condition. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.