Monday, April 4, 2022

Schwinn Traveler - Early Season Rides

 

I will admit that as much as I enjoy riding, I'm not a huge fan of conditions in March and early April here. It tends to be somewhat chilly, but the wind is the worst. I still prefer riding to other forms of exercise, but we're not yet into that sweet spot in May where it's warm and calm, but not too hot.

 

The shakedown period on the Schwinn Traveler is coming to a close. I adjusted the brakes a bit and tightened the headset a little. The rear wheel bearings might benefit from just the slightest tightening, but they're pretty good still. Anyway, I like to get a solid couple weeks of riding on a bike to get all the little adjustments nailed down - things you don't see or feel until you really start to ride.

 

I'm looking forward to other bikes getting back on the road this season now, and to hopefully some warmer and less windy weather. But it's good to be back on the road.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.