Saturday, January 5, 2019

Phillips Roadster Update


The Phillips roadster is pretty close to done. I am very busy lately, but it was a nice day so I took a ride.

I have added Bridgeport valve caps (built-in Schrader valve tool).


I have also added a bell.  This particular type of bell is a new/current production model that I especially like. It is known as the "Origin 8 Time Clock Bell". The first of these I bought went onto my Raleigh Export Model. It has held up well so far, and sounds a lot like an old mechanical clock bell, or an old-type elevator bell.


The striker is stainless steel and the bell itself is brass. The bell is heavier than some of the other models in production today, but I think it goes really well on these old rod brake roadsters. The other nice feature is that the bell comes with a plastic sleeve that protects your handlebars and which holds the bell securely.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.