Thursday, May 3, 2018

Spring Rides: 1958 Raleigh Sports 4-Speed and lots of Pollen

This time of year is usually tough to ride if you have any issues, at all, with pollen. This particular year is worse than usual: we had a cold start to spring, but now it is warm and all of the plants are coming out at once.


Riding lately has meant being inundated with pollen - it covers the bike, covers you, gets into your nose, and gets into your eyes. My eyes actually start to burn about 15 minutes into my ride - pollen everywhere.


But that does not stop me - I still love riding. The last of the bikes to require its first ride of the seaons is this 1958 Raleigh Sports. It's a first-rate bike and probably one of the two nicest bikes I have in the collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.