Saturday, September 6, 2014

Manton & Smith (MS) Fenders

I devoted today to refurbishing the MS fenders. They really didn't need much done to them.

I did some minor dent removal, removed the braces, polished, and touched up.

The braces were held on by some old screws, which I believe the shop that repainted the bike used. They were uniform, decent quality screws but all had been cut by hand once installed. I removed them and will replace them with rivnuts for a smooth look.











The previous owner, "Fred" etched his name inside the fenders.















Touch up went well. I used an automotive grade touch up paint for the red. The front fender received both exterior and fender well touch up.














I only got the fender well of the rear done because it needed a little more patching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil.