Wednesday, June 12, 2019

To the Lake and Back

When I lived in Virginia, I did a lot of riding on local streets, which were largely flat and were limited to quiet, residential areas. I didn't do much over-the-road riding because the streets that went through longer distances like that had so much traffic that it really wasn't worth it.


Here in Connecticut, we don't have the flat streets the way we had in the tidewater of Virginia, but we do have some rather nice back roads that don't get quite as much traffic as there was in Virginia. The result is that I've gradually been doing some longer trips rather than riding circuits around residential streets.


This evening I took a ride from the center of town down a wooded state road, and finally over to a lake in the next town to our south. This ride was certainly more challenging - plenty of up-and-down over the hills. But at last, I reached the lake on my 1958 Raleigh 4-speed. I coasted back into town and got back to the car after a ride of about an hour in total.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.