Monday, August 13, 2018

Deep into August

Over the course of July and the first half of August, our weather has been pretty rotten. I've gotten in a good number of rides, but we've had an almost-daily threat of rain, often pouring rain.

The odd thing is that it has been dry more than it has been raining, but even on the dry days, the rain is never very far away. This has resulted in prolonged paving (torn-up) roads in the area, and several rides I had to cancel.

Tonight though, I was happy to squeeze in an evening ride on my 1974 Raleigh Sports. There was plenty of rain in the area, but it stayed just to the north of here. It was pouring 10 miles north here, yet my local area stayed dry.




One item unique to this bike is the U.K. flag lapel pin. I bought this simple pin at a local mall 15 years ago this past spring. It originally was on the back of my backpack in college, but once I got this Raleigh in September 2003, I added the lapel pin to the saddle bag.


 

It's hard to believe I've had this bicycle almost 15 years. This one is a sentimental favorite of mine, even if it's not the highest collector cachet bike that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.