Saturday, April 21, 2018

April 21 - Schwinn Continental 3-Speed

Over the past few years, I have inadvertently been keeping ride "logs" of sorts on my hard drive. When I take photos of my rides, I make a folder with the date on which the photos were taken, and add the pictures to that folder.


My folders for day "April 21" show that I was able to ride on April 21, 2016 (1946 Hercules Model C); April 21, 2017 (Raleigh Sprite 5-speed); and now April 21, 2018 (1947 Schwinn Continental). That means, I guess, that our weather has been generally good on April 21 for the past several years.


Given that our weather has been gradually getting warmer, and with the corrosive road salts gone now, I decided to take out one of my rarer, better bikes: the 1947 Schwinn Continental. The condition on this bike is extraordinary and it's a fun rider. I love this color blue and the silver "wing" graphics on the frame. The only thing I wish is that the fenders were also this blue color, with little silver pinstripes. That would be killer, but Schwinn didn't do that on this bike. Anyway, the stainless fenders will do just fine.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.