Monday, January 16, 2017

Winter


 Anytime you can slip in a decent ride in January, you are ahead of the game. I cut back my riding in the winter because of the negative effects of road salt on steel bicycles, but if the roads are clean enough and the weather reasonable, then I ride.

Today I took this 1941 Schwinn New World out for a spin. It was a chilly, grey day, but not too bad for riding with a proper winter kit. My winter kit is composed of heavy corduroy pants, a lined sweatshirt, and a medium weight ski coat. I wear boot socks and ankle boots to keep my feet warm.

For a helmet, I have a Bern helmet with winter ear flap liner. These winter liners really are great, and you can swap them out for a summer liner once warm weather returns.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.