Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Riding With the 1958 Raleigh

 

I took some time to set up the 1959 Miller LED conversion light for the Raleigh. The conversion works reasonably well. The lighting isn't quite as good as the LED with the special, wide angle lens, but it is still pretty good. It outshines the Halogen Dynohub conversion I did on the 1974 Raleigh. This lamp will give me a good deal more riding time into the twilight hours. The low beam works well so that cars can see you, and the medium and high beams work well so that you can see while riding as it gets even darker.



I am still not prepared to use the light to ride around in pitch black conditions, but I do think it will be quite useful to extend the riding time into twilight hours. It certainly will come in handy come fall when the days get shorter.








In the meantime, I am enjoying the four speed Raleigh, which is a fine bike in just about every respect.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.