Wednesday, November 1, 2017

October 28 - 29: A Schwinn 3-speed Weekend


This past weekend was a little of everything - warm and dry weather on Saturday, and cooler and rainier weather on Sunday.


On Saturday, I rode my 1941 Schwinn New World around the area. It was the last of the "really nice days", where we had above-normal temperatures and dry weather. There was a breeze, but it was a pleasant ride on the Schwinn.


I even used the New World to drop some mail off at the mailbox.


 I'm not sure how many more days like that we will have this fall... hopefully at least a few.



 Sunday was a lot wetter. I took out my 1947 Schwinn Continental. The bike is peppy, and a fun rider. I would not call it really "fast" by today's standards, but it has some zip and is plenty agile for a fun ride.


The Sunday ride was cut short due to rain after only about 6 miles.


 I guess it's still a success - I got out both days and got to ride. I suppose this time of year there's always a chance for a wash-out weekend on both days. Those stink.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.