Saturday, October 7, 2017

A Dry, Summer-Like Day



Today was dry and summer-like. I took a short road trip with the Mrs., and then got back in time to go for a ride on my Raleigh Sports.


It's a great bike, and it's good to enjoy as much of the nicer weather that we have left in the season.


I took a tape measure to my various bicycles the other day, to see just how consistent my set ups are (seat height, handle bar height, seat-to-handle bar reach, etc). It turns out they're all very, very close in all measurements. After you've been riding for long enough, you settle into a certain "fit" on the bike. If you've been riding a long time, check the fit of various bicycles you own. If the bikes are of a similar type, you may find that you've actually been re-using the same measurements a lot. That's the sign that you've found a nice set up for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.