Saturday, August 26, 2017

Nice Weather

We had an 80 degree day - rare, really nice day in August for this area. We normally have high heat and humidity, but today was a perfect day to get some yard work done. I also got a chance to dust-off and clean up a couple nice, old Schwinns: a 1947 Continental and a 1947 New World. Both of these are great old, American-made 3-speed bikes.


After getting my yard work and cleaning done, I worked a bit on my 1958 Raleigh Sports. I cleaned and oiled the kickstand mechanism, and put some fresh oil in the rear hub and the bottom bracket. It really did not need much. I also cleaned the canvas saddle bag.



I love how the decals on this particular Raleigh have held up so well for 59 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments on topic and civil. Comments subject to moderation.