Sunday, August 28, 2016

1978 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist on the Farmington River Trail

Another day, another set of repairs, and another bike trail. This time involved a tune up of a 1978 Raleigh DL-1. I bought this bicycle for around $100 on a classified between 12 and 13 years ago.



Eventually I shipped the bicycle to my family's home and it has remained there since. Today I re-greased the bearings, changed the tubes and tires, changed the shifter cable and housing, and put on an older, better shifter.


I then took the bike to the Farmington River Bicycle trail. It performed well. The Farmington River Trail in Collinsville, Conn. is an outstanding place to visit for a ride. The pavement is smooth and new, and the trail is quite flat. There are no serious hills and there is plenty of parking if you bring the bicycle by car.